- Increase the capacity of the community to participate in identifying needs and developing and implementing solution
- Demonstrates a clear and convincing need
- Develops self-reliance
- Targets gaps in services
- Mirrors the diversity of our community
- Programs that solve or address critical local needs. These can include
- New programs
- Expanding programs, or
- Current program which are evidence based and achieving significant desired outcomes
- Sustainable projects and programs which have proven plans for long term impact
- Focus on prevention
- Encourage collaboration and cooperation among charities
- Unite and build our communities
- Michigan statewide
- MMCF can only provide grants to nonprofit organizations.
- Wages and other administrative expenses relevant to the program or project will be considered.
- Grant amount minimum will be $5,000 with the maximum grant amount $50,000. Grants over $50,000 may be considered with full MMCF board of director approval.
- Basic operating budgets
- Basic government services
- Basic education functions (Things/Programs supported by state funding already)
- Annual fundraising and events
- Normal office equipment
- Endowment campaigns
- Previously incurred debt or contracted commitments
- Sectarian religious programs (the exception is if the program or project is community based)
- Political or lobbying activities
- Efforts which will require a commitment for long term financial support
- Bricks and Mortar
- National or regional organizations unless their program addresses a specific local need.
- Medical or research organizations
Application Deadlines and Allocation Dates:
We will award grants quarterly and will abide by the following application and allocation schedule. The completed FULL application and all necessary documentation will be due by midnight on the deadline date. Late applications may be considered the following quarter.
- March 15, 2019 with allocation around April 30, 2019
- June 17, 2019 with allocation around July 30, 2019
- September 16, 2019 with allocation around October 30, 2019
- December 16, 2019 with allocation around January 30, 2020
Please note: The application deadline refers to the FULL APPLICATION Stage.
All grantees are required to submit a final report at the end of the 12 month grant period. This report should include a narrative explaining significant program impact, changes in the organization's financial position, whether or not all the funds were expended and copies of all press releases, newspaper articles, pictures or other marketing in relation to the program/project.